Wedding cakes will always be in style. Not everyone eats cake and they can be pretty expensive per serving depending on the design. Today’s couples are finding new and creative ways to satisfy the collective sweet tooth of their guests. The past few years have brought amazing dessert tables that are pleasing to the eyes and the taste buds. Wedding cakes have even been replaced by cupcake towers on some dessert tables. What is the newest trend? Retro candy bars.
Vintage weddings will be predominant in 2011 so why not add a vintage flare to your reception as well? Candy bars can go beyond pretty bowls of bright colored candy. They are countless ways to display your candy and make your candy bar a beautiful addition to your wedding reception.
Choose the perfect containers
Candy bowls aren’t your only option.
- Having a nautical themed wedding? Try layering candies that could look like colored stones or pebbles into fishbowls.
- Apothecary jars and containers allow for various looks.
- Make custom and decorative labels for your containers. Let guests know what is in each one even if it is obvious.
- Arrange candies on sticks on plates with the sticks facing the edges for a pretty addition to your sweets table.
- Put lollipops in vases or terra cotta pots to go with a nature themed candy table. Use a green tablecloth and place branches in vases and have lots of chocolates to add to the earthy color scheme.