Figuring out the best hairstyle to have on your wedding is crucial! Especially when you browse through your wedding photos. You don’t want to look back to one of the biggest days of your life and remember a bad up-do. Whether your hair is long, short, course, fine, curly, or straight, there is a perfect hairstyle for you to make a statement and accent your beautiful wedding gown.
Brides with Short Hair
- If you have chin-length hair, a sassy look would be to add some loose waves and add a feather clip. This clip can have rhinestone adornments. What a great way to add some glam!
- For a vintage-themed wedding, get inspiration from The Great Gatsby. Hairstyles popular in the 1920s would serve as perfect classic glamour. This could compliment some fringe or a fur shrug.
- Pixie hairstyles are cute and fun. To dress it up, add a headband! It can be braided or made of lace and jewels.
- A birdcage veil is a great choice for a short hair-do. This adds subtle romance and doesn’t fall far from the vintage look either.
Hairstyles that Work Well with Veils
- Stay sophisticated with a clean and classy up-do. A tulle veil can be secured with a pretty hair pin.
- Try pulled-back waves with a veil to show them off. Accent the waves with statement long earrings.
- A side braided crown with loose curls flowing at the bottom can attract the attention while a subtle veil peeks out from the back.
- Another natural look is a side-part with a low bun. Complete the ensemble with an ultra sheer veil.
- Get a little more volume with a half-up hairstyle. Incorporate a fingertip veil by placing it in the lower head portion.
- Play off the traditional headband with a simple and subtle fresh or fabric flower crown.
- For a dramatic look, stick to one bold bloom. An assortment of blue and purple hydrangeas is a great look for a sultry wintry wedding.
- If you’re not sure you wan to commit to a full flower crown, try adding only a few blooms to a hair-braided crown. Baby’s breath and soft pink petals are excellent choices.
- Can’t decide between sparkly jewels or a flower crown? Get an in-between with a gold-sprayed wreath. Or you can pick silver depending on your gown embellishments and chosen jewelry.
Brides with Curly Hair
- Try going for a messy up-do to create an elegant and vintage look. Add some glam by placing an adorned brooch on the side.
- Tousled waves would be perfect for a beach wedding or if you’re simply looking to dress down your look. You could even add a loose half up-do to keep some hair out of your face.
- For a sweet out-door wedding look, opt for pretty curls with just a few strands pinned back. A great idea would be to tuck a few white blooms into the curls.
- Twist lush locks to the side and add volume to the front of your hairstyle. You’ll find that cascading curls look beautiful against a strapless gown.