Gather Supplies: (makes about 4 servings)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper, very finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup of wilted fresh baby spinach, squeezed dry and chopped (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
- a pinch of cayenne pepper and paprika
Mix it Up:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2) Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, parmesan and romano cheeses, cayenne pepper and paprika with hand or stand mixer on medium until well mixed.
3) Add the red peppers and scallions and mix on med-low until just incorporated.
4) Add spinach and mix on low until just incorporated.
5) Transfer the mixture to a small ovenproof dish and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
6) Remove from the oven and allow to set for 5 – 7 minutes before serving. Serve with fried or baked pita wedges and tortilla chips.
Mmm… this warm and savory appetizer sure makes me want to have a party just so I can make it!
Want more? Head on over to Pinterest for some more tasty recipes.