Gather supplies: (yields a pitcher)
- 6 c Seedless Watermelon Chunks
- 1/4 c Simple Syrup
- 2 Limes, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 c Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 c Lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 c Plata (Silver) Tequila
- 1/3 c Triple Sec
- Coarse Salt + Sugar (for rimming glasses)
- Crushed Ice
Mix it up:
- Puree the watermelon in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain the juice into a bowl, pressing on the pulp, then discard the solids.
- Put the simple syrup, lime chunks, berries, and mint in a pitcher and muddle until the berries are slightly crushed. *Simple syrup: 1/2 c water, brought to a boil over high heat, with sugar whisked until dissolved. Allow to cool before using.
- Add tequila, triple sec, and watermelon juice, then stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until cold, approximately 1 hour.
- Serve over crushed ice in a salt/sugar rimmed glass, garnish with mint and enjoy!
Today we celebrated Lori’s birthday with a summery cocktail in the studio! Kristen brought in supplies for a delicious Watermelon Margarita, altered slightly from a Bobby Flay recipe. We sipped our fresh beverages, ate chips + homemade guacamole made by Katie, celebrated the day, and “Cheers”-ed to summer.
Spill it: We’d love to hear how your Watermelon Margarita turns out! Or maybe you have a favorite signature drink already… please do share!
For other tempting recipes, head over to Pinterest!