More and more engaged couples are choosing nontraditional locations for their wedding receptions. Wedding reception locations are no longer limited to ballrooms and formal reception halls. Here is an A to Z list of suggested locations for your wedding ceremony or reception. Think about the ambiance you want at your wedding reception and how you want your reception to reflect you and your fiancée as a couple. Then go over this list and look into options in your area.
- A – If you are having a small wedding, a local Art gallery may be just the thing. An arboretum is a wonderfully scenic option with the added benefit of being a beautiful background for your wedding photographs. This can save you quite a bit of money on decor as well. You really can’t improve on the “decorations” in a beautiful park. Many local aquariums have party rooms that are available to rent. Amusement parks often times offer all inclusive wedding packages. Be sure to get a photo of the bride and groom on the most impressive roller coaster in the park.
- B – A beach wedding is a classic destination type choice and it allows plenty of flexibility. A beach wedding can be informal or formal, day or evening. Having your wedding on a boat is another option if there are party boats that offer dinner cruises or rental of the boat in your area. A bed and breakfast often has beautiful grounds for a wedding and your guests have very minimal travel at the end of the night on their way to some much needed rest.
- C – Churches, chapels and courthouses are traditional wedding ceremony locations and some of them will even rent their halls for your wedding reception. Your local community center may have rooms available to rent for your wedding ceremony or reception at a very budget friendly price. Your local country club may be a pricier alternative but can be affordable if you are only hosting a small guest list or you are only having breakfast or tea. Country clubs also have the benefit of in house catering services. Your favorite catering company probably has a reception facility available for rent as well. A lakeside or secluded cottage can set the stage for a beautiful and intimate wedding celebration. A cruise ship is another all inclusive option for your wedding celebrations. If you and your fiancée share an Alma Mater, a college campus may be the ideal setting for you and can often be very inexpensive especially for alumni. Casinos and castles make wonderful destination wedding sites.
- D – A scenic desert location is a great option when it is winter elsewhere.
- E – A local equestrian center is a great option for the horse loving couple. The Everglades make a nice destination location for your wedding celebration.
- F – Your local fairgrounds may offer wedding packages and allow for lots of open space for your outdoor wedding. Some fairgrounds even feature indoor facilities in case of unexpected inclement weather. Have a family member with a beautiful flower garden? Ask them if you can use it as a scenic update for your wedding and reception. If you live near water, a ferry can give you and a few close friends a great view of the city while you say your wedding vows.
- G – If you and your fiancé are golf fans, many golf courses offer wedding packages and have in house caterers available. A gazebo at your local park or on a relative’s or close friend’s property offers a picturesque backdrop for your wedding vows.