- Small bottles of hot sauce: Tie on a string of twine or gingham ribbon and attach a small tag with your names and the wedding date. These favors are sure to say that you are one hot couple.
- Small cacti in a terra cotta pot: Make labels to put on the pots with your names and wedding date. This is a favor that guests can actually take home and enjoy for time to come.
- Small jars of honey or homemade apple butter: Again with a small tag attached. You can either buy these or have people help you make them. Hand making these could be a great money saver as well.
- Small plastic cowboy hats filled with candies: You can find small favor cowboy hats at almost any craft or hobby store. Pile them high with candy covered sunflower kernels.
- Cowboy boot glass: Fill them with popcorn kernels or a mixed nut assortment. The glasses will serve as a small vase or a drinking glass long after the treats are gone.
Think backyard barbeque with hamburgers and hotdogs. Maybe you’d rather go with a little ribs dining by choosing steaks and ribs? Or some whole chicken breasts and pork chops? If all the different selections of meat are just too much for you, consider having a whole hog roast. That cuts down on the decision making for you and everyone else. Or make large pots of chili with cornbread muffins.
Don’t forget to offer a vegetarian option or at the very least enough side dishes to fill those up who aren’t carnivores. If you do choose to have a hog roast keep in mind that you should serve a few different breads, i.e. rolls and buns for sandwiches and sopping.
Potato salad, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, and baked beans would all be terrific accompaniments. Also, serve a variety of potato chips with some different dips. Add a nice size vegetable platter and a large bowl of fresh fruit to tie it all together.
Serve drinks out of large glass jars such as iced tea and lemonade. Buy large washtubs fill them with ice and some bottles of old fashioned root beer and cream soda.
Last but not least do not forget all of your condiments including a variety of funky inexpensive hot sauces and barbeque sauces. Theme weddings are a way to show your guests a world they may not already know.