As a bridesmaid, you will play a strong supportive role for the bride. Even though the Maid/Matron of Honor has the bulk of the duties, your help will be needed throughout the wedding planning process. You will be needed to offer comfort to a stressed out bride and give your opinion when the bride needs it. You will also be helping the maid of honor with some of her responsibilities. Here are some of the things you will need to do to help plan the bride’s special day:
Before the Wedding:
- Offer to be the bride’s chauffer when she needs to scout out wedding locations, bridal shops, caterers, florists, etc.
- If you have nice penmanship or know how to do calligraphy, volunteer to address the invitations.
- The bride may need help ordering and choosing favors and decorations. Your opinions may be helpful in making decisions for narrowing down choices and making sure the decorations arrive on time for the wedding or shower.
- Be available if the bride asks you to go shopping for her wedding dress and or bridesmaids dresses.
- Make sure to pick up your bridesmaid dress in a reasonable amount of time in case of additional fittings or alterations.
- Often time, the groom does not want to go to register with his bride-to-be. You can be very supportive by going with your friend to register for her wedding gifts as well as letting other guests know where the bride and groom are registered.
- Assist the bride with seating arrangements at the reception.
- Assist the Maid/Matron of Honor in planning the Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party.
- Attend any pre-wedding parties (engagement, showers, bachelorette, etc.)
- Attend and help out during the rehearsal dinner.
Read: Duties on the Wedding Day