- If you’re going to have place settings already on the table put the place card in the center of the top place on top of a neatly folded napkin. To jazz it up even more fold the napkin in a fan fold design and put the place card in front of it on top of the center plate.
- Place a fork on its side at each seat and put the place card in the tines of the fork. If you don’t like the idea of handling the tines of each fork put the place card on the table directly above the fork.
- Balance the place card on the rim of the drinking glass. This elevates it above the rest of the dishes and makes it easier to see. You can also put it on the rim of a bowl, which will have the same effect.
- If you’re not too keen on touching all the guests’ dishes simply put the place card on the table centered above the entire place setting. To make them easier to see you might consider using a place card holder.
- To add a splash of color to your table, use ribbon that coordinates with your event colors and tie the place cards to the back of the chairs. This will give a more decorative look and it makes it easy for the guests to find their names.
For more place card tips and ideas, read: