After you have decided on a baker and all the details, make sure to get everything in writing. Your contract should include the following:
- Detailed description of the cake type, style, and description of the decorations.
- The number of layers and fillings for each layer if applicable.
- Type of frosting.
- Wedding date, time and location of delivery
- When, how, where and by whom the cake will be delivered (or picked up). Make sure to include the complete address of the delivery location.
- Name and contact information of the baker
- List of rented items (pillars, cake stand, cake table, etc.)
- Delivery and set-up fees
- Total price
- Deposit amount
- Balance and due date
- Baker’s cancellation and/or refund policy.
If you do your homework, buying your wedding cake will be a smooth process. Remember to be realistic, and don’t spend your entire wedding budget on your wedding cake.
Read: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3