One Month Before:
- If you are buying a tux, make sure alterations are finished and go for a final fitting. If the tux still doesn’t fit, you will still have time to make final alterations.
- Plan rehearsal dinner with your parents
- Consult with your fiancee and arrange lodging for out-of-town relatives and groomsmen
- Purchase gifts for your groomsmen
- Choose the bride’s wedding present. It is traditional to exchange gifts on the wedding night. It’s usually something personal, like fine jewelry or a watch.
- Make sure all documents are in order (legal, insurance, financial, medical, and religious)
- Attend bachelor party!
- Pick up wedding rings and check the engraving
- Go with your fiancee to get the marriage license
- Arrange for transportation from the reception to your hotel, airport or train
One Week Before:
- Give the best man the officiant’s fee (in a sealed envelope), He will then give it to the minister after the ceremony
- Select your going-away clothes for you to change into after the reception
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Remind your groomsmen of the rehearsal and dinner details. Present gifts to attendants at the rehearsal dinner
- Arrange for rental returns
- Get a haircut
- Get a manicure clean buffed nails only!
One Day Before:
- If you are renting a tux, pick up your tux. Be sure to try it on one last time.
- Make sure your groomsmen, father and ring bearer get their tuxes too, and make sure they try there’s on also.
- If you are renting or even buying the tuxedos, double check that all the elements are included and that the) are the sizes needed, (Jacket, Trousers, Shirt, Tie, Vest or Cumberband, Shoes, and Dress-socks)
- If you are dressing somewhere other than at home, pack your attire and grooming products (Hair products, Deodorant, Tie, Vest Cumberband or Belt Coat or Jacket, Cuff links and studs, Watch, Dress Shirt, Trousers, Undershirt, Underwear, Shoes and Socks, Wedding Rings)
The Big Day!
- Take a shower
- Remember the deodorant!
- Check to make sure you have the rings
- Don’t forget the rings!
- Give groom’s wedding band to Maid/Matron of Honor and bride’s wedding band to Best Man prior to ceremony
- Take a deep breathe, take one last look in the mirror, and get ready to see your bride walk down the aisle.
Read Part 1