Wedding Decoration Ideas
Decorate using nature’s bounty. Create lovely centerpieces from cornucopias of gourds, dried corn and stalks, acorns, white or orange pumpkins, squash, dried cranberries, bittersweet wreaths, leaf garlands, dried flowers, herbs and leaves. Why not fill baskets or pedestal bowls with apples and cinnamon sticks, or small gourds and pumpkins? Or set a pillar candle in a hurricane lamp and fill around the candle with cranberries or bittersweet berries. Carved pumpkins with tea lights inside also make wonderful harvest centerpieces. Floral arrangements in jewel-tones and accented with gilded fruits, berries, acorns will also highlight nature’s bounty. String fairy lights for an even more romantic look. Use wired ribbons in your wedding colors to add decorative accents to your arrangements and to make bows to accent doorways, tables, pews, and the aisle. You can also put candles in terra cotta pots and fill around them with fall items.
Autumn Wedding Favors
Harvest themed favors are bountiful. Here are just a few suggestions:
- Miniature pumpkins with your names written in gold paint
- A small cornucopia with marzipan fruits and vegetables
- Small bottles of wine with silk rusted giape leaves wrapped around the neck
- A canning jar filled with nuts, dried fruits or candy corn. Finish of the jar by wrapping it in tulle and tie with a ribbon that matches your wedding colors.
- Wreath ornaments with the wedding details inscribed upon a ribbon
- Votive holder shaped like a leaf or pumpkin placed at each place setting
- Small sachets filled with autumn-scented potpourri
Keep your theme going in the menu. Turkey and all the trimmings, cranberry salad, pumpkin soup, candied yams, buttered corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, corn bread, yeasty rolls, pumpkin and pecan pies, and apple cider. Your wedding cake can be decorated with fruit-shaped marzipan, fall colored flowers, fall colored sugar leaves or white chocolate leaves.
Ideas for a fall or harvest themed wedding are as bountiful as the season. Hopefully these ideas will inspire you to create the perfect atmosphere for your wedding.
Read Parts: 1 | 2 | 3