So you’ve been in a steady relationship for some time and now you are thinking of taking the plunge of all plunges-marriage! How can you be sure you are ready for marriage? There is no sure answer for that question; however, we have come up with a list to help you decide if you’re ready to get married.
- You go to each other for advice and you almost always come away feeling better about things.
- You are supportive of each other’s decisions, even when you disagree with them.
- You are able to apologize or forgive when you have hurt or been hurt by your partner.
- You are able to resolve fights to your mutual satisfaction.
- You both know that relationships take work and you are willing to go the distance.
- You are respectful and are a good listener.
Read Part 2